All operations in the field of general surgery, a branch that deals mainly with abdominal organ operations, are performed at Bel Medic.
Both laparoscopic and classic surgical interventions are equally performed, and the surgeon opts for the intervention best suitable to the patient.
We have state-of-the-art equipment and instruments for minimally invasive and classic surgery.
At Bel Medic a patient can complete preoperative preparation, all necessary diagnostics, and anesthesiologist's examination in order to have the surgery approved. In this way, the patient gets complete service in one place, as fast as possible. The patient is taken care of by an interdisciplinary team of top doctors and surgeons.
We can completely take care of patients who require the following surgical interventions in the field of general surgery:
Surgery of the anterior abdominal wall weakness
- Inguinal hernias
- Hernia of the anterior abdominal wall
- Resection of the small intestine
- Colon resection (right and left hemicolectomy, partial bowel resection, sigma resection according to Hartmann, subtotal and total colectomy, anterior high and anterior low resection of the rectum, and total abdominoperinal rectal amputation according to Miles)
- Formation of ileostomy, colostomy, gastrostomy
- Occlusion of ileostomy and colostomy with formation of anastomosis (restoration of continuity of digestive tract)
- Gastric resection (type Billroth I, Billroth II, subtotal resection of the stomach with reconstruction by Roux en Y or by Brown, total resection of the stomach with esophago-jejunal anastomosis
- Splenectomy (surgical removal of the spleen)
- gallbladder surgery
- biliodigestive anastomosis (hepatico-jejunal anastomosis, choledocho-duodenal anastomosis)
- choledochotomy with T-drainage
- the Whipple procedure
- liver resection (segmentectomy, lobectomy, atypical liver resections, liver biopsies)
- pancreatic resection (resection of the head, body or tail of the pancreas)
Diagnostic and therapeutic invasive procedures
- pleural puncture
- abdominal puncture
- thoracic drainage
- laparoscopic biopsies in the abdomen